5 Things You Don't Know About Hugh Jackman
February 18, 2013
This versatile Aussie actor has made a name for himself playing everything from romantic leads, to the X-Men superhero Wolverine, to appearing on Broadway. Most recently, he received multiple nominations -- including an Oscar -- for his role as Jean Valjean in the highly acclaimed musical Les Misérables. Here are five things you probably don't know about Hugh Jackman.
1. Earned a degree in communications with a journalism emphasis from the University of Technology in Sydney.
2. Met his wife -- actress, director and producer Deborra-Lee Furness -- on the set of the Australian TV crime drama Correlli.
3. Among the jobs Hugh worked before becoming famous were gas station attendant and a clown at birthday parties.
4. Was offered the role of James Bond in 2006's Casino Royale, but turned it down to focus on his role in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
5. While promoting his 2011 action film Real Steel, he participated in an actual WWE match against wrestler Dolph Ziggler.
More On: Hugh Jackman