Awards season is officially underway, and ET has your highlights from the Palm Springs International Film Festival, emceed by former ET host Mary Hart.
NEWS: Julianne Moore to Receive Top Honors at PSIFF
1. Brad Pitt's Serenade: While presenting Selma actor David Oyelowo with the Breakthrough Performance Award for an Actor, Brad led in a sing-along to help the audience get the Oscar contender's name right. "You know you've broken through when Brad Pitt sings your name!" David quipped.
2. Benedict's Got Game: The Imitation Game star Benedict Cumberbatch displayed some serious PDA with fiancée Sophie Hunter. The actor announced his engagement news in the births, deaths and marriages column of The Times two months ago.
3. Eddie Redmayne's Honeymoon Details: How did The Theory of Everything star celebrate his Dec. 15 nuptials to Hannah Bagshawe? "We actually went skiing," Redmayne told former ET host Mary Hart. "We found a chalet in the Alps. No snow, but other than that it was wonderful."
4. Rosamund Pike Gets a Baby Surprise: As a second-time mommy, Mary presented the Gone Girl star with a pair of shoes for her four-week-old son, whom she gave birth to at home on Dec. 2.
NEWS: Rosamund Pike Welcomes Baby Boy
5. The Fashion!: Reese Witherspoon dazzled in black Michael Kors, Julianne Moore stunned in red Delpozo and Rosamund Pike turned heads in black and coral Alexander McQueen.
The 26th Annual PSIFF Gala, presented by Cartier and sponsored by Mercedes Benz and Entertainment Tonight, was held Saturday, Jan. 3 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
The festival has long been known as a barometer for determining which actors have the best chance of cleaning up during awards season.