Ricky Gervais is back! The British comedian returns to host the 73rd annual Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, and it's no secret he'll be stirring the pot. ET is reminding you just how controversial the 54-year-old's past three Globe hosting gigs have been with his most ruthless -- and offensive -- jokes.
1. When he compared Elton John to Lady Gaga in 2012.
"Our next presenter is the Queen of Pop. Not you Elton. Sit down."
2. When he tried to put the importance of awards shows in perspective in 2012.
"The Golden Globes are to the Oscars what Kim Kardashian is to Kate Middleton."
3. When he teased two of the biggest stars in Hollywood for a rare miss in 2011.
"This ridiculous rumor going around that the only reason The Tourist was nominated is so that the Hollywood Foreign Press can hang out with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. That is rubbish. They also accepted bribes."
4. When he made a callback to his controversial comments the following year, by calling out Johnny Depp onstage in 2012.
"Have you seen The Tourist yet?"
5. When he poked fun at Demi Moore's relationship with a younger man in 2011.
"Please welcome Ashton Kutcher's dad, Bruce Willis."
6. When he said what many people were already thinking in 2010.
"I like a drink as much as the next man, unless the next man is Mel Gibson."
7. When he went after NBC's handling of The Tonight Show host drama in 2010.
"Let's get on with it before NBC replaces me with Jay Leno."
The 2016 Golden Globes, hosted by Ricky Gervais, will air live on Sunday, Jan. 10, at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT on NBC.