Not every moment is caught on camera during a night like the 87th Annual Academy Awards. Sometimes you have to be there. ET was on sight for the big awards show and the star-studded after parties, gathering firsthand accounts of the celebrities' partying ways.
Who bragged about taking great selfies and who has to take their Oscar through customs? Here's what ET overheard on Hollywood's big night!
1. Oscars Across the Pond: The Theory of Everything star Eddie Redmayne took home an Oscar on Sunday, Feb. 22, and revealed that it'll be making the journey back to England on Monday. "My Oscar is going through customs the same way my Golden Globe went through it," the British actor revealed at the 87th Annual Academy Awards Governors Ball. "I have an Oscar, a Golden Globe and a wife. It's all downhill from here."
Redmayne was also sweet enough to pose for a pic with actress Laura Dern's daughter, Jaya Harper.
2. Mr. and Mrs. Carter: What elevator altercation? Beyonce and husband Jay Z showed their support for Solange Knowles on Oscars night. The power couple -- who drank champagne and feasted on Wolf Gang Puck's pot pie at the Governor's Ball -- were seen hugging Solange and her new husband Alan Ferguson after Bey's sister brought the crowd to their feet during her DJ set.
3. Outfit Changes: Per usual, there were several stunning outfit changes for the Oscar after parties. A pregnant Keira Knightley -- who was with her husband James Righton -- chose a black gown as her party dress, while Chrissy Teigen went for brighter colors as she escorted her Oscar-winning husband, John Legend, around town.
4. Family Affair: Emma Stone did not have her longtime boyfriend Andrew Garfield escort her to the Oscars. Instead, she brought her lovely mother, Krista Stone, to the big event.
5. Selfie Star: The Fault In Our Stars leading man Ansel Elgort made one little girl's dream come true when he agreed to snap a selfie while on the Oscars red carpet. He even walked the fan to the top of the stairs to get a better shot and said, "I'm good at taking selfies!" Swoon!
6. Gaga for Gaga: Mother Monster made Julie Andrews proud when she brought the crowd to their feet at the Oscars during her Sound of Music tribute. ET insiders say that Lady Gaga's performance grew an even bigger standing ovation than Common and John Legend's breathtaking rendition of Selma's "Glory."
7. Pizza Party: Modern Family star Sarah Hyland enjoyed some pizza on the red carpet at the 23rd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party. A reporter brought two pizzas and a huge box of homemade popcorn to lure hungry celebs to chat at the event. As you can see, it worked!
8. Well, This Is Uncomfortable: Sofia Vergara nearly had an awkward encounter when she and her new fiance Joe Manganiello arrived to the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party just moments before her ex-fiance Nick Loeb showed up to the event.
For more of the best, worst and weirdest moments from the Oscars, check out ET's recap, below.
Additional reporting by Rosalyn Oshmyansky and James Patrick Herman