Idris Elba had a good night on Saturday.
The 43-year-old star walked away with two trophies and our hearts at the 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards, where he was recognized for his roles in BBC America's Luther and Netflix's Beasts of No Nation. But it's not just his acting chops that had us all hot and bothered -- the British actor reaffirmed his heartthrob status (as if we ever doubted it!) in nine simple steps.
1. The man just knows how to work a red carpet camera angle.
2. He adorably brought his daughter as his date.
3. That accent.
4. When he did this.
5. And this.
6. He's got swagger for days.
7. He was just beaming backstage.
8. He knows how to show off the goods.
9. And he's quick with a perfect, impromptu quip.
"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to diverse TV." (Subtext: Take that, Academy Awards!)
Sigh. Never change, Idris.