Top 5 Shows To Watch On Break
By JACKIE WILLIS
November 22, 2012
Thanksgiving lends itself to family get-togethers, exorbitant amounts of food, shopping deals and for many, four whole days off of work! This is the perfect time to catch up on all those TV series you've heard so much about but never had the time to watch... until now.
Here's a Top 5 list to get you started on the best shows to check out and they're all available in your Netflix que.
1. Friday Night Lights- This show will actually make you consider moving to Texas and marrying a football coach. FNL has developed a huge cult following despite its meager ratings when it aired on NBC, but nonetheless made superstars out of Connie Britton, Kyle Chandler, Minka Kelly and Taylor Kitsch. Don't get caught up in the idea that this is just a show about football, because it's so much more.
2. Sons of Anarchy- Despite being in its fifth season, Sons of Anarchy is just now getting a bit of traction by landing two covers this month on Men's Fitness and Entertainment Weekly. This gritty show is a must see.
3. Scandal- Shonda Rhimes is to television what Jane Austin was to books. Following behind Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, Rhimes created Scandal starring the stunning Kerry Washington. Playing a powerful player in D.C., Washington juggles between her career and her steamy, can't-take-your-eyes-off-the-television affair with the President of the United States.
4. Louie- Louie C.K. cleaned up at the Emmy Awards and for good reason. His dark comedy follows his life as a newly single, 40-something dad of two daughters, and it's hilarious. Cutting between his stand-up comedy routine and him maneuvering between awkward day-to-day troubles makes for great television.
5. Pretty Little Liars- Okay, this is more of a guilty pleasure, but if you're looking for a TV show with a little intensity, a little romance and lots of teen drama, this show has all that and more. PLL will have you asking: Who is "A"?