Top 10 Funniest Golden Globe Moments
By JACKIE WILLIS
January 14, 2013
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were a comedic power duo on Sunday night as they hosted the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards -- and with the help of their Saturday Night Live alums Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig made it one of the funnier awards shows to date. Like their predecessor Ricky Gervais, the ladies took a few jabs at Hollywood (including former host Gervais), but it was moments like Poehler showing up on George Clooney's lap that really garnered laughs. Here are 10 of the most memorable comedic moments of the evening:
10. Upon Lena Dunham winning for Best TV Actress for Girls, Fey and Poehler took to the stage with drinks in hand, quipping that since losing in their category, the night had "taken a turn." Fey said to Dunham, "Congratulations Lena, I'm glad we got you through middle school!"
9. During this little rant, Fey also made a Taylor Swift jab. "You know what Taylor Swift, you stay away from Michael J. Fox's son," she said of Sam Fox, who was Mr. Golden Globes.
8. Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari pretended that he had gotten high with the cast of Downton Abbey, joking as he presented alongside Jason Bateman that the cast had given him cookies, or as they called them "biscuits." Being carried out by Bateman, Ansari told the audience, "Wow, the cast of Downton Abbey have some great weed backstage!"
7. "Our next presenter is so handsome, he makes young George Clooney look like garbage," said Fey. "Welcome to the stage, middle-age George Clooney."
6. "Judi Dench? Where did she come from? Unknown, used to be a police officer. Her first role is in…Best Exotic Marigold Hotel," Ferrell said while presenting with Wiig. "You get out of here!"
5. "To Harvey Weinstein. Thank you for killing whoever you had to kill to get me up here today," Jennifer Lawrence joked when accepting her award for her role in Silver Linings Playbook.
4. "Meryl Streep isn't here tonight. She has the flu, and I hear she's amazing in it," Poehler said during the opening monologue.
3. "Anne Hathaway, you gave a stunning performance in Les Miserables. I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were onstage with James Franco at the Oscars," said Fey.
2. "Kathryn Bigelow is nominated tonight. I haven't really been following the controversy over Zero Dark Thirty, but when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron."
1. "Good night! We're going home with Jodie Foster!" Poehler said, closing the show.
Let us know your favorite Golden Globes moment, below.