Top 5 Biggest Billboard Awards Moments
By JACKIE WILLIS
May 20, 2013
The 2013 Billboard Music Awards made headlines for more than just the music! From Miguel accidentally jump-kicking an audience member to Nicki Minaj's lap dance, here's five of the must-see moments from Sunday night's blue carpet and beyond.
1. Did Justin Bieber get booed? While accepting the Milestone Award, it sort of sounded like the 19-year-old pop star was getting booed. "I'm 19 years old. I think I'm doing a pretty good job," he began with his sunglasses still on. "From my heart, I really just want to say, it should really be about the music, it should be about the craft that I'm making."
2. Nicki Minaj's Lap Dance During her performance of High School alongside Lil' Wayne, Nicki Minaj straddled the rapper as he stayed seated.
3. Miguel Lands On Fan During his performance of Adorn, Miguel jumped and accidentally kicked a woman in the audience. He tweeted following the performance: "Got caught up in the moment, thank goodness Khyati is okay."
4. Taylor Swift Jokes about Relationship History. During her acceptance speech for Artist of the Year, Swift said, "To the fans, who come to the shows and buy the albums, I just want you to know this one thing: You are the longest and best relationship I've ever had."
5. Jennifer Lopez Livin' It Up Forty-something J. Lo kept up with the youngsters when she stepped out on the Billboard Awards stage with Pitbull, and brought everyone to their feet with her performance of Livin' It Up.
What was your favorite moment from the night?