Jennifer Lawrence's Top 5 Vogue Quotes
By JACKIE WILLIS
August 12, 2013
Jennifer Lawrence is the flawless face of the September issue of Vogue magazine, and once again manages to win over the public, including Vogue's Jonathan Van Meter, with her off-the-cuff, sometimes foot-in-mouth remarks. From her eating habits ("I have the taste buds of a five-year-old") to her nightmares ("I have nightmares about thirteen-year-olds. They terrify me"), here are the top five best quotes from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire beauty.
1. JLaw's first encounter with J. Lo: "We (her and Late Night host Jimmy Fallon) planned out this whole thing, where we were going to spin around and over to her and go, 'Please dance with us!' But at the last minute, Jimmy pooped out, and all of a sudden I spun around by myself and said, 'Dance with ...me?' And [Jennifer Lopez] was like, 'Thanks, I'm just gonna watch.'"
2. On her ex-boyfriend Nicholas Hoult and her "faith in sponges": "I wake up earlier in the morning when I have new sponges. That counter doesn't even see it coming. ...[Nicholas] would never wring them out. We were in the kitchen once, and I picked up the sponge, and it was soapy and wet, and I was like, 'See?' These are the kinds of things that make me think we are never going to work."
3. Lawrence's views on fame and the paparazzi: "If I were just your average 23-year-old girl, and I called the police to say that there were strange men sleeping on my lawn and following me to Starbucks, they would leap into action. But because I am a famous person, well, sorry, ma'am, there's nothing we can do. It makes no sense." she tells Vogue. "You have to make peace with it. I am just not OK with it. It's as simple as that. I am just a normal girl and a human being, and I haven't been in this long enough to feel like this is my new normal. I'm not going to find peace with it."
4. On motherhood: "I think all mothers are a nightmare -- I don't think you can have children and not lose your godd**n mind."
5. On portraying Raven/Mystique in X-Men: Days of Future Past: "They paint me blue every day, so this is what I'm dealing with. ...I'm like Blue Swan."
BONUS Quote: "I've never said this before, because there is no way to say it without it being completely misunderstood, but ever since I was really little, I always had a very normal idea of what I wanted: I was going to be a mom and I was going to be a doctor and I was going to live in Kentucky. But I always knew that I was going to be famous. I honest to God don't know how else to describe it. I used to lie in bed and wonder, 'Am I going to be a local TV person? Am I going to a motivational speaker?' It wasn't a vision. But as it's kind of happening, you have this buried understanding: Of course."
For more with Lawrence, pick up the September issue of Vogue magazine.