Top 5 Most Outrageous VMA Moments
By JACKIE WILLIS
August 26, 2013
There's never a dull moment when you start the show with a Lady Gaga performance! Sunday night's MTV Video Music Awards was full of WTF moments (we're looking at you, Taylor Swift), with Miley Cyrus' lewd performance to Justin Timberlake's 'NSYNC reunion becoming the talk of Brooklyn's Barclays Center and beyond.
Here's five of the most outrageous moments from this year's VMAs:
1. Miley Cyrus Grinds Up on Robin Thicke: After watching Miley Cyrus perform her hit We Can't Stop, you may never look at teddy bears the same way again. The former Hannah Montana star took every opportunity to shock the audience, one of which being when she groped Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke with her foam finger.
2. Taylor Swift Drops the F-bomb: Taylor Swift had not one, but two messages for her exes. Upon seeing her former flame Harry Styles onstage with One Direction, Swift was caught on camera mouthing what looked to be the sentence: "Shut the f*** up!"
Then, upon winning for Best Female Video for I Knew You Were Trouble, Swift, 23, said in her acceptance speech, "I also want to thank the person who inspired this song, because he knows exactly who he is, because now I've got one of these." The camera then awkwardly panned to Styles in the audience.
3. 'NSYNC Reunion! Justin Timberlake, who was being honored with the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award, was labeled the "President of Pop" by his pal Jimmy Fallon, and he attempted to live up to that title with his outstanding VMAs performance. Following an intense dance routine to a medley of his hits, Mr. J.T. had his old pals from 'NSYNC come up to perform Bye Bye Bye, Gone and few more of their fan favorites.
4. Lady Gaga's Costume Changes: If the VMAs were giving out an award for most outfit changes within a single performance, Lady Gaga would most certainly be a contender. In an effort to top her meat dress and egg outfit from award shows' past, Gaga sang Applause in an array of wigs, digs and makeup.
5. Jennifer Hudson's Surprise Appearance: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis won a VMA for their Same Love video, but it was the performance of the hit that brought goosebumps to the audience. Midway through the song, Jennifer Hudson showed up to sing the chorus alongside singer Mary Lambert.
Honorable Mention. Katy Roars: Katy Perry closed out the show by jumping into the ring and performing her new hit Roar.
What was your favorite moment from the VMAs?