Gladiators, we can now all dress like Olivia Pope. Which means we are only one flawless apartment, a handful of sexy boyfriends, and the ability to drink endless amounts of wine without ever getting a hangover away from being Olivia Pope.
costume designer Lyn Paolo
and The Limited to produce "The Limited Collection Inspired by Scandal
," with pieces ranging in price from $49 to $248 (so you don’t need an OPA-sized paycheck to purchase them).
Now that all of the looks have been released, we can decide which we love and need ASAP and which should be banished to the B-613 box and never heard from again. So we ranked them:
16. Narrow Lapel Jacket, Drape Neck Shell Blouse, ‘Liv’ Flare Leg Trouser
This is legitimately ugly. Olivia would not wear a suit from Suit Warehouse.
15. High Neck Halter Top, ‘Livvy’ Slim Leg Ankle Pant
“The Limited Collection Inspired by Scandal for Basic Bitches.”
14. Black & White Ruffle Collar Top, ‘Olivia’ Modern Trouser
This is cute, but again, it’s a little too simple for us. An added ruffle does not an excxiting blouse make. (Sidebar: If you’re power walking all over D.C., wouldn’t that ruffle blow up and back into your face? We have suspicions.)
13. Epaulette Shirt, Officers Pencil Skirt
We would absolutely ruin this outfit immediately. There is no way we could keep this outfit that white. Also, it’s a little bit Afternoon-Martinis-at-the-Country-Club, don’t you think?
12. Necktie Blouse, Officers Pencil Skirt
This looks like it’s for a secretary. Or Abby.
11. Black White Sheath Dress
This is very pretty and we think we could actually pull it off. That said, we don’t see Olivia wearing this dress.
This is also very cute and we could see Olivia wearing it. Hopefully we could pull it off too.
9. Necktie Blouse, ‘Liv’ Flare Leg Trouser
Those lines! That tailoring! A bold choice of fabric and color!
8. Plaid Cape, ‘Olivia’ Modern Trouser
Very old-school class, but this outfit immediately screams “DADDY ISSUES” to us (probably because it was inspired by season three and we’re pretty sure Olivia wore it while she was crying in a park.)
7. Double Breasted Jacket, ‘Livvy’ Slim Leg Ankle Pant
This is a power bitch moment. And we’re getting a dash of Mellie in there too.
6. Dolman Sleeve Wrap Coat, ‘Liv’ Flare Leg Trouser
This looks very comfortable and very chic, but honestly, this was inspired by season three, wasn’t it? We would have preferred they skipped the maternity looks. We’re not trying to hide a baby.
5. Drape Collar Wrap Coat, Double Breasted Jacket, Officers Pencil Skirt
Love the double-breasted jacket with the skirt (versus pairing it with a pant in #7). And that pink jacket is taking this ensemble on a press-conference-on-the-White-House-lawn journey.
4. Tweed Peplum Jacket, High Neck Printed Halter Top, ‘Olivia’ Trouser
We have no idea where we would wear this. Would you wear this to work? What would people think if you wore gloves to the office? We would buy this and look at it longingly hanging in our closet and wish we had somewhere to wear it.
3. Tweed Peplum Jacket, ‘Livvy’ Slim Leg Ankle Pant
We aspire to be chic enough for this outfit. Love.
2. Elbow Sleeve Sweater, ‘Liv’ Flare Leg Pant
We’re drunk already thinking about this outfit. Because you know this is the outfit you curl up in amid your fifty thousand throw pillows and have a glass (or six) of wine. We’ll opt for white wine though, because guaranteed we will spill red all over that gorgeous, gorgeous sweater.
1. Cape Sleeve Trench, ‘Live’ Flare Leg Trouser
The collection will be available exclusively at The Limited starting Sept. 23.