14 Pieces of Holiday-Themed Attire That You Can Buy, But Probably Shouldn't
By Sarah Flanigan
If you love dressing up in thematic attire, then Christmastime is the time of year you've been waiting for all year. It's like your birthday, Christmas, New Year's Eve, St. Patrick's Day, and the Fourth of July combined!
If you feel this way, you probably decorate like it's the last holiday ever and you find ways to incorporate Christmas garb into your daily wardrobe once Thanksgiving is over (but probably even sooner!).
To clarify: No, we are not the Grinch, and dressing up can be a fun way to help you get into the holiday spirit. But this season it seems there is an overload of holiday-related attire that is, quite frankly, obnoxious.
To warn you from becoming one of "those people," we've come up with a list of 14 items that you can buy this season but probably shouldn't.
1. Speaking of obnoxious.
2. This sweater of a cat wearing a sweater.
3. Shouldn’t we leave these leggings where they belong… in the kids section?
4. It’s official! The selfie craze has gone too far.
5. What do owls have to do with Christmas? This isn’t ‘punny’.
6. We get it, you love Christmas. But don’t you think this is just a little offensive to someone who actually has O.C.D.?
7. Probably not a good thing to publicize your dislike of being social this much. Then again, if you only want to leave the house once a year, chances are high that a lot of people won’t see you in this shirt anyways.
8. Absolutely not.
9. The sweater description says it’s a puppy… but it could also pass for a cat. Best of luck not getting your friends to tug on the strings all night.
10. If you want to give kids the gift of fright this Christmas, this is the way to do it!
11. Stop. It’s the holidays, no need to include even a fake math equation.
12. This is just too aggressive.
13. The half baby poking out is honestly terrifying.