When it comes to fashion many stars bring their A-game to the red carpet and this year has been exceptionally notable for the amount of trends started. Read on to see ET's favorite looks of the year so far.
1. Jumpsuits. Sexy and versatile, the jumpsuit has made a comeback in large part due to its practicality. Jumpsuits transition easily from daytime to night by giving a polished look that offers the same functionality of pants and blouses. Shailene Woodley, Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johansson have all taken advantage of this trend.
2. Cape Dresses. This is the perfect look for anyone trying to make a statement. It doesn't get much more dramatic than a cape. "This spring and summer there's a big trend in kimonos, capes and a lot of drapey arm accentuation," The Hollywood Reporter's senior style writer Merle Ginsberg told ET.
3. Sheer Panels. Jennifer Lopez has been credited with sparking this trend, wearing risqué dresses by Zuhair Murad that play a dangerous game of peek-a-boo with onlookers.
4. Florals. A perennial favorite, Melissa McCarthy wore a dramatic purple floral kimono dress for her Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony earlier this month.
5. Serpent Necklaces. This sophisticated and sexy accessory can really make a dress pop, as Naomi Watts showed us at the 72nd Golden Globe Awards.
for a full look at ETonline's summer style picks.