James Franco Says He’s Keeping His Side to the Sexual Misconduct Allegations to Himself

James Franco

James Franco says there’s more to the story than meets the eye when it comes to claims of sexual misconduct against him. The 39-year-old Disaster Artist star appeared on Late Night with Seth Meyers on Wednesday.

The host commended the actor for choosing to still appear on the show after allegations of sexual misconduct against him surfaced following his Golden Globes win on Sunday. Several people on Twitter called out the actor for wearing a Time’s Up button at the awards show, calling the decision hypocritical.

But in Wednesday’s interview, Franco claimed there was more to the story.

“There are people that need to be heard. I have my own side of this story, but I believe in these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will hold back things that I could say, just because I believe in it that much,” he said. “So if I have to take a knock because I’m not going to try and actively refute things, then I will, because I believe in it that much.”

Franco continued to insist that the claims made against him were “not accurate.”

When Meyers asked him specifically about the claims made by actress Ally Sheedy and whether or not he’d reach out to her, Franco shook his head no.  

“I had a great relationship with her. She took the tweet down,” he said. “I don’t know, I really don’t. I don’t know, it was so shocking. I guess I’m just letting it be.”

Franco previously addressed the sexual misconduct allegations on The Late Show. Watch his response below.


James Franco Addresses Sexual Misconduct Allegations: 'If I Have Done Something Wrong, I Will Fix It'

Golden Globes 2018: Best, Worst and Weirdest Moments

James Franco Brings Brother Dave Onstage to Accept Golden Globes Win, Stops Tommy Wiseau From Stealing the Mic

Related Gallery