Logan Paul gave his first TV interview since receiving major backlash after posting a video from Japan's so-called "Suicide Forest" that showed a man who had apparently taken his own life.
On Thursday's Good Morning America, the 22-year-old YouTube star spoke with Michael Strahan about what was going through his mind when he shared that image online, and the repercussions that soon followed.
"I am a good guy who made a bad decision," Paul expressed. "I will think twice in the future about what I post."
Calling the video a "horrible lapse in judgement," Paul said it feels like he's "hated by the whole world" but that "crisis passes."
"It's been tough, because ironically, I'm being told to commit suicide myself," he told Strahan. "Millions of people literally telling me they hate me, to go die in a fire. Like, the most horrible, horrific things."
Now, all Logan can do is move forward. "I believe it happened for a reason," he said. "I think that reason is so I could take this experience, learn from it, spread the message the right way about suicide prevention."
Paul also released a suicide prevention video to YouTube last week, following the fallout.
In ET's exclusive interview with Dr. Phil, the talk show host was confident that Paul could come back from this.
"Let me say I thought that what went up on the video and what was shown was tasteless, it was atrocious. It was something that should not have been done," Dr. Phil said. "But let's call timeout right here. This is a 22-year-old young man.... let's not judge this man's whole life, his whole body of work and everything that he's done over one bad decision."
Check out more of our interview with the 67-year-old TV personality:
Logan Paul Gives Emotional New Apology After Showing Video of Apparent Suicide Victim
Logan Paul's Original Projects With YouTube Put on Hold Following Controversy
Logan Paul Returns to YouTube With Suicide Prevention Video Following Controversy