Five Things You Don't Know About Marion Cotillard
January 02, 2013
This Academy Award-winning actress (for 2007's La Vie en Rose) is getting Oscar buzz again after picking up Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild nominations for her performance in the French-language drama Rust and Bone. Here are five things you probably don't know about Marion Cotillard.
1. Born September 30, 1975 in Paris, France. Her father was an actor, playwright and director and her mother was an actress and drama teacher.
2. Has spoken on behalf of Greepeace and traveled the world to try to raise awareness about major environmental issues.
3. Has confessed that she's an "obsessed" fan of the British sitcom Absolutely Fabulous.
4. Is a singer and has been known to dress up like a man and perform under the name Simone with the French singer Yodelice.
5. Was considered to play Hanna Schmitz in the World War II drama The Reader after Nicole Kidman dropped out due to pregnancy, but the role eventually went to Kate Winslet.