Nicholas Hoult plays the lead in the new action adventure movie Jack the Giant Slayer and about a month ago debuted his zombie love story Warm Bodies. Here are five things you probably don't know about this rising Hollywood star.
1. Born December 7, 1989 in the English town of Wokingham -- his father is a pilot and his mother a piano teacher.
2. Made his professional acting debut at age 7 in the 1996 film Intimate Relations.
3. Was once injured during filming of a stunt that required him to be tied to a chair and suspended 20 feet off the ground while a double-decker bus came within inches of his body. Luckily, he escaped the incident with only a bruised head.
4. Appeared in the Tom Ford film A Single Man in 2009 -- alongside Colin Firth and Julianne Moore. After the movie he was named the face of Tom Ford's eyewear for the spring 2010 collection.
5. Told Interview magazine that if he could take a look into another person's memory it would be the late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury. "I just think he was a really talented guy. It would be intriguing to see. Everyone wants to be a rock star as well -- that would be cool."