5 Things You Don't Know About Olivia Wilde
March 13, 2013
She entertained TV viewers for five seasons on the medical drama House M.D. and portrays a magician's assistant in Steve Carell's new comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. Here are five things you may not know about Olivia Wilde, who is engaged to Saturday Night Live star Jason Sudeikis.
1. Born Olivia Jane Cockburn on March 10, 1984 -- she adopted her professional name Wilde after developing profound respect for Irish poet and writer Oscar Wilde.
2. Her father is Irish, allowing Olivia dual citizenship in Ireland as well as the United States.
3. Loves cooking and going out to dinner and once said she'd rather take ten people out to dinner than buy an expensive outfit.
4. Was just five years old when her parents had Mick Jagger over for dinner and because the rock star was sitting in her position at the table she demanded that he vacate the seat.
5. Received a personal phone call from candidate Barack Obama thanking her for participating in his presidential campaign.