5 Things You Don't Know About Zachary Quinto
April 19, 2013
He made a name for himself on the superhero drama Heroes, portrays a psychiatrist on FX's American Horror Story and is currently gearing up for the release of Star Trek Into Darkness, in which he plays the iconic Vulcan character Spock. Here are five things you may not know about Zachary Quinto.
1. Born Zachary John Quinto on June 2, 1977 in Pittsburgh, PA - he's half Italian, half Irish.
2. His TV debut came in 2000 in the pilot of the short-lived series The Others.
3. Was involved in a serious car accident at age 16 that he says led to a discussion with his mom about responsibility. "I blurted out, 'I wanna be an actor,'" he said. "That, somehow, just turned it. I think she saw in my impassioned plea something serious about what I was after."
4. Struck up a friendship with the original Spock, Leonard Nimoy, while first portraying the character in J.J. Abrams' 2009 reboot Star Trek.
5. Plays the banjo and says he often brings the instrument to the set to "lighten to mood."
More On: Star Trek Into Darkness