5 Things You Don't Know About Gwyneth Paltrow
May 03, 2013
She was recently named the World's Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine and stars in the just-released Iron Man 3. You already know she's married to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin and are probably aware of her lifestyle publication and website goop. Here are five fun tidbits you might not know about Gwyneth Paltrow.
1. Born Gwyneth Kate Paltrow on September 27, 1972 in Los Angeles -- her mom is actress Blythe Danner and her dad the late Bruce Paltrow, the famous TV producer of the award-winning '80s drama St. Elsewhere.
2. Her first on-screen kiss was in a 1991 movie called Shout -- which also starred John Travolta -- in which she smooched with actor Glenn Quinn.
3. Met her ex-fiance Brad Pitt on the movie Seven.
4. Was just 26 when she won her Academy Award for Best Actress in Shakespeare in Love.
5. Singer-producer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds -- with whom Gwyneth sang Just My Imagination in the 2000 film Duets -- expressed interest in the actress starting a recording career, but she declined. She later told Entertainment Weekly that if anything, she'd like to be a backup singer, "I just love to harmonize."