5 Things You Don't Know About Vin Diesel
December 23, 2013
He just announced to the world the new release date for Fast & Furious 7 in the wake of the passing of his close friend and co-star, Paul Walker. Here are five things you may not know about Vin Diesel.
1. Born Mark Sinclair Vincent on July 18, 1967 -- he was raised along with his twin brother Paul by his astrologer/psychologist mother and adoptive father in an artist's housing development in New York's Greenwich Village.
2. While first pursuing acting he worked in telemarketing, a skill that later helped him raise nearly $50,000 to fund his first feature, Strays (1997).
3. Told Late Night host Conan O'Brien that he changed his name to Vin Diesel while working as a bouncer at the New York City nightclub Tunnel.
4. Was offered the role of Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the 2003 action movie Daredevil that ended up going to Ben Affleck.
5. Is a longtime player of the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons and wrote the foreword for the commemorative book 30 Years of Adventure: A Celebration of Dungeons & Dragons.