While Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity has easily topped the weekend boxoffice, it is also being hailed as a cinematic masterpiece, with the line of critical supporters wrapping around the block. Now, celebrated director Quentin Tarantino has added himself to the crowd of Gravity-lovers.
The Quentin Archives, a website dedicated to the visionary director of Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained, just to name a few, released a list on Saturday of Tarantino's 10 favorite films of 2013 – so far. As written by the director himself.
Included on the list are Woody Allen's recent critical darling Blue Jasmine, the raunchy Seth Rogen comedy This Is the End, and, surprisingly, the critical and commercial flop The Lone Ranger.
Presented below is the list in its entirety. Tarantino notes that the list is in Alphabetical order only, and reminds us that the year isn't over yet.
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)