Known for his outrageous stunt series Jackass, he just debuted his latest comedy starring one of that franchise's most popular characters -- 86-year-old naughty grandpa Irving Zisman. Here are five things you probably don't know about Johnny Knoxville.
1. Born Philip John Clapp on March 11, 1971 in Knoxville, TN -- his mother was a Sunday School teacher and his father worked as a car and tire salesman.
2. Says he first caught the acting bug after being given a copy of Jack Kerouac's novel On the Road by his cousin, singer-songwriter Roger Alan Wade.
3. Was offered the role of Phil Kaufman in the 2003 comedy Grand Theft Parsons after Hugh Jackman dropped out of the project.
4. Was knocked unconscious three times during making of2002's Jackass: The Movie.
5. Was detained at LAX airport in January 2009 after security screeners spotted a suspicious looking, grenade-shaped device in one of his bags. Airport authorities later learned that the item was a prop from a commercial photo shoot.