Known for his outrageous stunt series Jackass, he just debuted his latest comedy starring one of that franchise's most popular characters -- 86-year-old naughty grandpa Irving Zisman. Here are five things you probably don't know about Johnny Knoxville.
1. Born Philip John Clapp on March 11, 1971 in Knoxville, TN -- his mother was a Sunday School teacher and his father worked as a car and tire salesman.
PICS: Check Out the Latest Movie Posters!
2. Says he first caught the acting bug after being given a copy of Jack Kerouac's novel On the Road by his cousin, singer-songwriter Roger Alan Wade.
3. Was offered the role of Phil Kaufman in the 2003 comedy Grand Theft Parsons after Hugh Jackman dropped out of the project.
VIDEO: Knoxville Talks Wedgies at Bad Grandpa Premiere
4. Was knocked unconscious three times during making of2002's Jackass: The Movie.
5. Was detained at LAX airport in January 2009 after security screeners spotted a suspicious looking, grenade-shaped device in one of his bags. Airport authorities later learned that the item was a prop from a commercial photo shoot.
VIDEO: Johnny Knoxville Hams It Up with 'Little Jerk' Jackson