Harry Potter fans rejoice! Universal Orlando Resort has finally uncloaked the details on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, opening this summer. From a ride on the real Hogwarts Express to recreations of the Alley's famous shops and a fire-breathing dragon watching over everyone, read on for details, Muggles...
In 2010, Universal Orlando opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade at its Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010, complete with Butter Beer and the iconic Hogwarts Castle. Now, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will launch within Universal Orlando's second theme park, Universal Studios, with all-new experiences based on the signature areas of London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley -- and a real-life Hogwarts Express ride connecting the two theme parks, from Hogsmeade to King's Cross Station -- marking the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience.
Muggles hungry for more will arrive at London's King's Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express and pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley. There, just like in the movies, they'll find the bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city with shops, dining experiences, and a new ride: Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
Here are the complete details of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley:
• Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
• Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults.
• Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops.
• Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items.
• Explore some of Diagon Alley’s famous shops, including:
o Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone.
o Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes.
o Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs.
o Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses.
o Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more.
o Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcard.
• Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron.
• Visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others.
• And more!
More details are around the corner, including the official opening date, and can be found at www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
Watch today's webcast walking you through the brand-new attraction: