9. Christian Bale, Eminem, and Mark Wahlberg were all
considered before Walker was cast as the franchise’s main protagonist, Brian O’Conner.
10. Rodriguez almost quit
the first film because her character, Letty Ortiz, was supposed to cheat on
Dom with Brian.
11. It has been rumored that Bijou
Phillips, Jessica Biel, Kirsten Dunst, Natalie Portman, and Sarah Michelle
Gellar auditioned for the role of Mia, which was reportedly written for Eliza
Dushku. The part went to Brewster.
12. Both Brewster and Rodriguez didn’t know how
to drive prior to joining the first film. Both actresses had to get their
licenses in order to join the cast.
13. Tej Parker, who was introduced in 2 Fast 2 Furious, was supposed to be played
by Redman. Ludacris replaced the rapper after scheduling conflicts forced him
to pull out.
14. While Han Seoul-Oh (played by Sung Kang) makes his first
appearance in The Fast and the Furious:
Tokyo Drift, the character actually originated
in the Asian American indie-drama, Better
15. Diesel only agreed to make a cameo at the end of The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift in
exchange for ownership
rights of the Chronicles of Riddick
16. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson approached Universal, asking
to be a part of the Fast & Furious
franchise. He joined as Luke Hobbs in Fast
17. The Luke Hobbs character was originally written for Tommy Lee
Jones or Josh Brolin.
18. Tyrese Gibson (who plays Roman Pearce) filmed Fast Five and Transformers: Dark of
the Moon at the same time, forcing him to fly between Atlanta and
Puerto Rico to complete both.
19. Rodriguez had no idea her character was still alive
until she saw the twist ending during a screening
of Fast Five.
20. The characters Letty and Brian don’t actually speak
to each other until Fast &
21. Denzel Washington turned down an unspecified, “big
part” in Furious 7.
22. Dame Helen Mirren wants to be a “mad
driver” in the Fast & Furious
23. A number of cameos have been made by rappers and singers,
including Ja Rule (The Fast and the Furious),
Bow Wow (Tokyo Drift), Don Omar and Tego Calderon (Fast & Furious, Fast Five) Rita Ora (Fast & Furious 6), and Iggy Azalea (Furious 7).