Have you ever wanted a Boba Fett standalone movie? You might be in luck!
According to The Wrap, the second Star Wars anthology film, due out in 2018, will be an origin story of the famed Bounty Hunter.
Rumors of his departure went rampant after he was a no-show at the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim last month, citing a terrible flu as the reason for his absence. We were in attendance at the Celebration, and we have to say – we kind of saw the departure coming.
Trank said in a statement on Friday:
“After a year of having the incredible honor of developing with the wonderful and talented people at Lucasfilm, I’m making a personal decision to move forward on a different path. I’ve put a tremendous amount of thought into this, and I know deep down in my heart that I want to pursue some original creative opportunities. That said, the Star Wars universe has always been one of my biggest influences, and I couldn’t be more excited to witness its future alongside my millions of fellow Star Wars fans. I want to thank my friends Kathleen Kennedy, Kiri Hart, Simon Kinberg, and everyone at Lucasfilm and Disney for the amazing opportunity to have been a part of this. May the Force be with you all.”
Now we get to speculate on directors, plot points, and casting – we’re looking at you, Aaron Paul!
The Boba Fett standalone film will be the fourth in the newest era of Star Wars films. Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes out in December, Rogue One in 2016, and Episode VIII in 2017.
Follow Ashley on Twitter: @AshCrossan