Can you believe it's been 20 years since the release of Disney's Pocahontas?? (Not to mention, 420 years since the real-life Pocahontas was born). It feels like only yesterday we were painting with all the colors of the wind.
In celebration of the movie's anniversary, let's examine 20 lessons from the movie, that may or may not be true, but are completely invaluable either way.
Thank you Disney, for teaching us...
1. That long hair and gusts of wind are totally chill together.
2. How to throw side-eye before their was a thing called side-eye.
3. Compasses show you your destiny.
Not which way North is, your destiny.
4. That raccoons make great hairdressers.
5. How to be expressive with your hands.
6. That THIS isn't the most terrifying thing that will ever happen.
7. And if you ever do it, this should be the face you make.
8. That swimming with friends is the best thing ever.
9. Really though, the wind is just a blow dryer if you think about it.
10. To treat yourself, long before Tom Haverford and Donna Meagle.
11. That this will not result in a mama bear murdering the hell out of you.
12. Hummingbirds and raccoons can be buds.
13. That shadows were way cooler back in the day.
14. Helmets are silly.
15. That whitewater rafting would be easy for us.
16. Trees give great advice.
17. How to stay focused.
18. People are just as fast as deer.
19. Raccoons are total pros at CPR.
20. And finally, the world is a beautiful place.
And your hair will be doing great through all of it.
Now watch the video below for all the moments from Disney and Pixar moments that will make you cry every time.