BeforeFifty Shades Darker
hits theaters this weekend, we've dug up some secrets about the highly anticipated sequel fresh from the set.
Read on to find out six things you might not know about the upcoming movie.
1. They didn't film in Seattle, Washington. While the story is set in the Emerald City, the cast and crew actually filmed in Vancouver, Canada.
2. The Masquerade Ball scene was filmed on location. Instead of building a set for the scene, the cast and crew filmed in a real multi-million-dollar Canadian mansion. Filming in this sprawling locale might be trickier in the future, however, as the nearly 21,000-square-foot home is being converted into a luxury retirement home.
3. Taylor Swift's music video was filmed elsewhere. Swift's music video for "I Don't Wanna Live Forever," the movie's theme song, was actually filmed at a hotel in London, England.
4. The building that acted as Christian Grey's bank was robbed on the last day of filming.
Fortunately, no one from the film and no staff members were present when thieves came in off the street and ran off with computers and keys to access other rooms.
5. The production used an alias while filming. An invitation to the wrap party lists "Max and Banks" as the working title of the project.
6. The wrap party took place on the rooftop of the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
Fans can actually ride in one of the hotel's elevators, where one of the original film's steamiest scenes was filmed -- or better yet, they can book the Mr. Grey Package
and stay a few days!
Fifty Shades Darker opens Friday!
Additional reporting by Darla Murray.