Jennifer Lopez Speaks Out on Split with Marc Anthony

Published
Vanity Fair
Jennifer Lopez is opening up about her breakup with Marc Anthony for the first time since the split was announced last month.
The singer tells Vanity Fair that despite the failed relationship, love is her "biggest dream" and said that she and Marc had both "worked hard" to achieve it. "Sometimes it doesn’t work -- and that's sad. But I remain an eternal optimist about love. I believe in love," Lopez said.
She describes herself as a "hopeless romantic" and says she's still very passionate when it comes to love. "It's still my biggest dream. I am positive -- determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person. I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong."
Lopez tells the magazine she still has tremendous respect and admiration for Marc. "I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer. We actually work great together, and he was always very supportive. Together we could make magic -- and we did. He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children."
The couple announced their split on July 15. In a statement at the time, the two called the decision "very difficult," but said they had "come to amicable conclusion on all matters." The pair married in 2004 and have three-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
Read the full article in the September issue of Vanity Fair, on newsstands nationwide beginning August 9.