5 Things You Don't know About Chad Kroeger
July 03, 2013
This frontman for Nickelback just got married to pop singer-songwriter Avril Lavigne in a ceremony in the South of France. Here are five things you probably don't know about Chad Kroeger.
1. Born Chad Robert Turton on November 15, 1974, in the small coal mining town of Hanna in Alberta, Canada.
2. Started playing guitar at age 13, and in the early '90s was part of a grunge cover band that also included future Nickelback members Mike Kroeger and Ryan Peake.
3. Placed No. 6 on the Boston Phoenix list of the "100 Unsexiest Men in the World" -- with the publication citing Kroeger's "massive head, weird face and bad hair."
4. Admits to some behavior problems in school, telling Playboy magazine, "I don't know how many times I got kicked out of school. I just thought it was fun to be bad. To a certain degree I still think it's fun to be bad."
5. In 2002, wrote and sang on Why Don't You & I for Carlos Santana's multi-platinum-selling album Shaman.
More On: Avril Lavigne