5 Things You Don't Know About Kelly Clarkson
October 21, 2013
This singer -- who shot to fame after winning American Idol's inaugural season -- officially confirmed Monday her weekend wedding to fiancé Brandon Blackstock. Here are five things you may not know about Kelly Clarkson.
1. Born Kelly Brianne Clarkson on April 24, 1982 in Fort Worth, TX -- her mother was an elementary school teacher and her father an engineer.
2. Once worked as an extra on Melissa Joan Hart's TV series Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
3. When asked by Teen People to name the first album she ever owned, she responded, "I actually bought three at the same time. Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction, some Boyz II Men discs and Reba McEntire. I love everything."
4. Is a huge animal lover and started an organization called Eddie's Rescue Ranch that saves various animals in need including dogs, cats, horses, goats, pigs and donkeys.
5. Performed Ave Maria for Pope Benedict XVI in April 2008 at St. Joseph's Seminary in Yonkers, New York.
More On: Kelly Clarkson