This American Idol alum is receiving mixed reviews for reprising Julie Andrews' iconic role of Maria von Trapp in last night's production The Sound Of Music Live on NBC. Here are five things you may not know about Carrie Underwood.
1. Born Carrie Marie Underwood on March 10, 1983 in Checotah, Okla. -- her mother is a schoolteacher and her father a paper-mill operator.
PICS: They Dated?! Surprising Celebrity Hookups
2. Started singing in church at age three, but she never underwent formal voice training.
3. Attended Oklahoma's Northeastern State University -- which she was attending while auditioning for Idol -- and in 2006 graduated magna cum laude.
VIDEO: Carrie Talks 'Music'al Memories
4. Dated Gossip Girl actor Chace Crawford from 2007-2008, and she later revealed that the two broke up via text message.
5. Is a fan of horror movies and her music video for Two Black Cadillacs was inspired by Stephen King's Christine, a novel that was also turned into a 1983 horror flick.
RELATED: Andrews Gives Underwood Sound of Music Blessing