MUSIC

CeeLo Green Apologizes for Rape Tweet: That's Not What I Believe

CeeLo Green has returned to Twitter with an apology regarding his recent tweets about rape.

"I truly and deeply apologize for the comments attributed to me on Twitter," he posted on Tuesday night. "Those comments were idiotic, untrue and not what I believe."


The former mentor of The Voice pleaded no contest on Friday to a felony count claiming that in 2012 he provided ecstasy to a female during a dinner. She says Green sexually assaulted and that she woke up naked in his bed. He says the sexual act was consensual. The rape charge was not pursued last year due to insufficient evidence.

NEWS: Chris Brown Pleads Guilty

Following his plea, the "F**k You" singer tweeted: "If someone is passed out they're not even WITH you consciously! so WITH implies consent."

He also noted: "People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!"

When others responded to these shocking messages, he asked: "So if I tried but did NOT succeed but the person said I DID then what really happened?"

These shocking comments seem to have cost CeeLo his TBS show. It was announced on Tuesday afternoon that The Good Life had been canceled.

Just a few hours after his Twitter apology, CeeLo was back pushing his work, promoting his new music video and "Bridges" song, tweeting: "This song is my absolute truth! It's all I ever wanted to be as an artist, man, and human being. I wholeheartedly believe I was born with this purpose. I love everyone, Lo - Bridges."


Is the 40-year-old singer truly sorry?

If you found those CeeLo rape quotes to be shocking, you gotta hear what his ex said about him:

You might also like

We're Reading