Whether it's love or love to hate, it seems like everyone has strong opinions about Kanye West -- including Madonna.
"I think sometimes he takes things too seriously," she told the magazine. "I never got too engaged with who wins awards or not, because I don't honestly think it's that important."
With more than three decades of superstardom under her belt, perhaps her Madgesty has earned the right to dole out advice. By our count, she's offering up six solid pieces of wisdom for the rapper.
1. The awards don't matter: "Don't go to awards shows looking for justice," she said. "That's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Just go and have fun."
2. Really, it's not that serious: "What's the point of fighting for somebody to... Like, 'This person should have got it?'... I think sometimes he takes things too seriously."
3. Keep on rockin': "He's a brilliant madman," she gushed of working with him. (Yeezy co-produced several tracks on Rebel Heart, including "Illuminati.")
4. Because you've got the talent: "He doesn't have the same filters other people have. He has to blurt things out -- he's always saying inappropriate stuff. But he also has brilliant ideas, if you can get him to pay attention long enough, working with him in the studio."
5. But put the phone down once in a while: "This seemed to be the theme of my record, working with people who can't get off their phone, can't stop tweeting, can't focus and finish a song," she said. "It drove me crazy. When they did pay attention, it was brilliant. I was, like, running around with a butterfly net."
6. And always keep things interesting: "I feel like the music industry needs him, because everyone's become so politically correct, so safe. I don't always agree with the things he says or does -- I don't always like his music, even," she confessed. "But he's a beautiful mess. I love him."
And there's plenty more where that came from -- the reigning Queen of Pop offered up her take on Miley Cyrus (she's a fan) and why she wants to "embrace" Taylor Swift.
Before her epic stage fall at the BRIT Awards, Madonna's GRAMMYs performance went off without a hitch. See her pre-show chat with Entertainment Tonight in the video below.
Follow Sophie on Twitter: @SophieSchillaci