It's another epic Coachella for the books!
The dust has finally settled in Indio, Calif. as we bid farewell to this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Anyone else having withdrawals? The annual two-weekend festival had it's fair share of major highlights
including unforgettable headlining sets from AC/DC
, Jack White
, The Weeknd
But perhaps more exciting were the slew of surprise guest appearances during both weekends-- some good, some awkward and all memorable. Here's seven of the most talked-about cameos from the music fest.
7. USC Marching Band with Odesza Electronic pop duo Odesza made their exciting debut to Coachella performing to an overflow crowd at the Gobi Tent. The Seattle natives finished off an already stellar show with the friggin' USC Marching Band drumline! Jaws dropped and faces melted for one of the most unexpected appearances of the festival. See it for yourself by typing fire in the video below.
6. Haim with Jenny Lewis Southern California native Jenny Lewis is no stranger to the desert oasis that is Coachella. She had the audience vibeing throughout her afternoon set-- this came to an adult roar when she was later joined by the sisters of Haim to perform their new song "Girl on Girl."
5. Jennifer Hudson with Gorgon City British duo Gorgon City made a huge splash this year bringing their debut album Sirens to life during their electrifying show at the Gobi Tent. The pair saved the best for last and brought out Jennifer Hudson to saaaaaang their hit collaboration "Go All Night."
4. Black Eyed Peas & Nicki Minaj with David Guetta David Guetta pulled out all the stops both weekends of his live set at the Sahara Tent. Weekend one attendees were treated to a surprise appearance by The Black Eyed Peas who debuted their new single "Awesome," which Guetta produced and is featured on. By weekend two the French DJ/producer was joined on stage by Nicki Minaj during "Hey Mama." The crowd went absolutely nuts for the Trinidadian rapper, including Beyonce (what?!?) who danced along from the side stage.
3. Nicki Minaj with Drake...kinda.
Nicki was a busy gal! The rapper later hopped over to Coachella main stage for an extremely brief, and kind of awkward visit to Drake
's festival-closer. While she strutted out on stage to her hit "Truffle Butter," we didn't get so much as a peep from her. For his part, Drake seemed to congratulate her
on her recent engagement, hugged her and went on his merry way.
2. Madonna with Drake
Perhaps the Toronto rapper was still in a daze following his headline-making kiss
the weekend prior? Say what you will about Madge's appearance, her presence was as unexpected as it was unforgettable.
1. Kanye West with The Weeknd What was probably the biggest surprise of the entire festival was Kanye West joining The Weeknd for his Saturday night showstopper. The rapper blew through a mini-set that included "Can't Tell Me Nothing," "Black Skinhead," and "All Day." Considering that The Weeknd pulled off a no-fuss, career-defining solo performance the weekend prior, Yeezy crashing the singer's weekend two gig was just an embarrassment of riches for the Indio crowd.