Bryan Bedder/ Getty Images
A New York-based supermarket chain has apologized to Alec Baldwin for pulling commercials featuring the 30 Rock star in the wake of his removal last month from an American Airlines plane for refusing to turn off his cell phone.
A spokeswoman for Wegmans Food Markets tells ET in a statement: "We regret ending the Alec Baldwin holiday commercials one week earlier than planned in response to a couple of dozen complaints. We have decided to run the commercials again, effective immediately."
The grocery chain said there has been a surge in support for Baldwin since the December 6 incident. "Clearly, many more people support Alec, as evidenced by the hundreds and hundreds of tweets, emails, and phone calls we have received. We enjoyed working with Alec Baldwin and his mom, Carol, and would do it again. We appreciate all the kind things they have said about Wegmans and respect the good work they do for communities," the spokeswoman said.
The 53-year-old actor was booted from the American Airlines plane for refusing to turn off his cell phone after the plane's doors had been closed for departure. Baldwin -- who said he was using his phone at the time to play Word With Friends -- later issued an apology to other passengers inconvenienced by the incident.