Cuba Gooding Jr. Case to be Dismissed
By ETONLINE STAFF
August 02, 2012
ET has learned that after reviewing the case against Cuba Gooding Jr. and after the battery charges were dropped, the city of New Orleans has decided not to pursue the initial charges against the actor any longer.
Yesterday, news broke that the New Orleans bartender who claimed Cuba Gooding Jr. shoved her does not plan to pursue criminal charges against the Oscar winner, according to The Associated Press.
There will be an arraignment tomorrow to officially dismiss the case.
Police said in a news release on Wednesday that a bartender told officers Cuba became upset with other patrons who began asking him to take photographs with them. When she asked the actor to calm down, the bartender told officers he pushed her. Police were called to the scene, but Cuba had already left the bar when officers arrived.
Gooding Jr., who has been on location in New Orleans shooting the film The Butler, was ordered to appear in court to face the allegation of misdemeanor battery.