Kelly Clarkson shared the news on Saturday that she and boyfriend Brandon Blackstock had gotten engaged
. The American Idol
alum, 30, flaunted her yellow diamond via WhoSay
writing: " "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever :)" Congrats are certainly in order for the happy couple, and now that Blackstock has put a ring on it, here's five things you may not know about Clarkson's future husband:
1. Blackstock is the son of Clarkson's manager, Narvel Blackstock, who is married to legendary country crooner Reba McEntire.
2. Clarkson revealed upon meeting Blackstock that it was love at first sight. She told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM radio show: "We met years ago when I was working with Rascal Flatts, and he used to tour manage with him. I didn't really know he was [my manager's] son and it was kind of weird. I was like 'dude, I gotta know that guy.' We were just in a room together, and then he came up and said he was from the same hometown as me and I was like, 'oh we're so getting married,' I was so that girl. When he became single, I was on the prowl."
3. According to Twitter, Blackstock proposed the day before his birthday. The talent manager received a few birthday tweets on Sunday, Dec. 16, while Clarkson hit the VH1 Divas stage.
4. He's a pilot! Clarkson shared on Aug. 15 via Facebook and WhoSay: "I had a really bad day yesterday and my boyfriend is a pilot and flew in to surprise me and be with me because I was so sad. He wins Best Boyfriend Award ....hands down. I'm very lucky he loves me so much. Please don't settle ladies! Great men are out there! Or great ladies depending on what team you bat for!"
5. Clarkson's fiance helped design her ring. Clarkson wrote on her WhoSay page of her new bling, "It's a yellow canary diamond with diamonds around it and Brandon designed it with Johnathon Arndt! They did an amazing job! I can't wait to make Brandon's ring with Johnathon as well!"
Clarkson and Blackstock were together a year before announcing their engagement. Feel free to leave the happy couple a few well wishes, below.