Bon Jovi Recalls Getting 'Worst Phone Call Ever'
March 18, 2013
Jon Bon Jovi is opening up about getting the news that his daughter had overdosed on heroin and gives an update on how she's doing.
The rock-and-roll star told Katie Couric on her talk show Katie that he'll never forget the moment he found out that his 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Bongiovi was in the hospital after overdosing last year while attending Hamilton College in New York.
"The worst phone call ever," he said of learning the news. "That problem is much more prevalent than I knew," Bon Jovi revealed. "I cannot get over how many people I've met that said that my son or my daughter... people I love, admire and respect. It happens to all kinds of families."
He said that Stephanie is now "doing great," thanks to the support of family and friends. "I appreciate everybody's thoughts and prayers." He added: "We'll get through it, we've got to."
More On: Jon Bon Jovi