'Buckwild' Star's Cause of Death Determined
By ANTOINETTE BUENO
April 02, 2013
Buckwild star Shain Gandee, 21, his uncle David Gandee, 48, and Robert Myers, 27, were found dead in a vehicle in the Sissonville area of Kanawha County, West Virginia, Kawaha County Commissioner Kent Carpenter said.
According to the Kawaha County Sheriff's Office, a friend searching for Shain discovered three unresponsive people within an overturned vehicle in the mud Monday morning. Emergency responders converged on the Wolf Pen Road area in Sissonville after reports that a vehicle had been discovered.
All three bodies were removed from the vehicle and taken to the Office of the Medical Examiner. According to the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office's autopsy report, the manner of death is accidental and the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gandee and his uncle were reported missing last night, and were last seen at Larry's Bar in Sissonville at 3 a.m. According to a Kanawha County Sheriff's Office press release, Shain and his uncle said they were going four-wheeling in Shain's Ford Bronco, but no one knew where they planned to ride, or the direction in which they left.
Buckwild, a show following an outrageous group of childhood friends from the rural foothills of West Virginia, with the carefree motto "whatever happens, happens," ran for one season on MTV.
It was announced on February 6, 2013 that Buckwild will be returning for a second season. However, due to the unfortunate events, MTV just halted production on its second season, a spokeswoman told TheWrap.
"We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident," MTV said in a statement. "We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly."