Buzzmakers: Hasselbeck's Exit & Bachelor George
By ETONLINE STAFF
July 13, 2013
What had ET readers buzzing this week?
After months of speculation that Elisabeth Hasselbeck would be leaving The View, Fox News announced in a press release on Tuesday, July 9 that she would be joining their ranks and leaving the ABC morning show.
Hasselbeck will replace Gretchen Carlson as co-host of Fox & Friends, alongside Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade in mid-September. Carlson will anchor a one-hour signature daytime program beginning in early fall.
"I have been a long-time fan of Fox & Friends and am excited to be joining their team in September," Hasselbeck said in a statement. Barbara Walters commented, "We have had ten wonderful years with Elisabeth and she will now be swimming in new waters. We will miss her and wish her everything good."
The View will now be seeking two new co-hosts as Joy Behar will also not be returning this fall. Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Shields are rumored to be front-runners to take their seats.
After weeks of speculation about whether George Clooney and Stacy Keibler had called it quits, ET can confirm that the couple has indeed ended their two-year relationship.
A source close to the couple tells ET that the split happened two weeks ago, but that contrary to some reports, the breakup did not happen because Keibler wanted to get married and have children. The source added that the breakup was amicable and Keibler is now going to be focusing on her career.
Split rumors were sparked when Clooney, 52, and Keibler, 33, began spending a lot of time apart in recent months. The pair celebrated last week's Fourth of July holiday separately and were last photographed together in March in Berlin, Germany, where Clooney was filming on location for his upcoming war drama The Monuments Men.
Clooney began dating Keibler in July 2011, shortly after splitting with Italian actress Elisabetta Canalis.
Big Brother 15 has attracted a lot of headlines this season as a result of the racist, homophobic and misogynistic comments several of the houseguests have been overheard saying on the live feeds. Last night the show featured some of Aryn Gries and GinaMarie Zimmerman's comments in a "Worst Of" compilation (they've both been, unknowingly, fired from their jobs as a result of these comments) that you can watch here.
This morning, Big Brother host Julie Chen finally spoke out on the matter during a live taping of CBS' The Talk. "I have to be honest, it stung," she said. "Those things, in my opinion ... it felt mean-spirited. It felt ugly and it felt mean."
Chen continued, "When I first found out that Aryan, who is a 22-year-old girl, made anti-gay, anti-black and anti-Asian comments, I have to be honest, the Asian ones hit me the most. It stung. I took it personally. I’m a human being. The really sad part, it took me back to the '70s when I was growing up in Queens and I was 7-years-old getting bullied, being called a chink. I thought, 'Wow, I haven't heard comments like that [in years].' The year is 2013. I felt ignorant, there are still people in the country who feel and act that way? Yes there [are]. It made me sad. She’s 22 and she’s college educated."
Prior to actually airing the comments, CBS released the following statement:
"Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 -- and seeing every moment of their lives," the statement reads. "At times, the houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by several of the houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the House or during the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."
After a tumultuous few weeks for Paula Deen, a source close to the Deen family exclusively tells Entertainment Tonight that the celebrity chef has changed her entire legal team after the fallout from her admission of using a racial slur in a recorded deposition.
Deen has hired Grace Speights from Morgan Lewis's Labor and Employment Practice to now represent her. Speights has handled many employment discrimination cases as well as claims of discrimination in public accommodations. Harry Weiss and Patty Glaser will also be on Deen’s new legal team.
Since her YouTube mea culpa on June 21, Deen's been let go by Food Network, dropped by her book publisher and watched as Target, Walmart, QVC and many others discontinued the sale of her wares.
In a June 26 interview on Today, the 66-year-old chef apologized for using racial slurs in the past. "The main reason is I'm here today, Matt, is it's important for everyone to know what I believe. ...I believe that everyone should be created equal, and that's the way I live my life. I know my love for people, and I'm not gonna sit here and tell everything I have done for people of color. I'm not gonna do it. Somebody else can tell that. I have never with any intention hurt anybody on purpose, and I never would."
Farewell, Ziva! NCIS' longtime cast member Cote de Pablo is making her exit from the series after eight years.
"We respect Cote's decision, thank her for being an important part of the NCIS team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David," said CBS and CBS TV Studios in a statement delivered to ET on Wednesday announcing the actress will not return for season 11.
Though Cote will not come back as a main player when the series returns on September 24, the star will appear in enough episodes to tie up loose ends.
"We look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva's story."
Said Cote in a written statement to ET, "I've had 8 great years with NCIS and Ziva David. I have huge respect and affection for Mark, Gary, Michael, David, Rocky, Pauley, Brian, Sean, all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva's story."