Buzzmakers: Nick's Buff Selfie & Giudices Charged

By ETONLINE STAFF

August 03, 2013

What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?

1. Nick Jonas Shares Shirtless Selfie

Singer Nick Jonas caused quite a stir earlier this week when he posted a sexy selfie to Instagram showing off the former Jonas Brothers member's surprisingly muscular physique. Accompanying the photo he wrote, "I never do this but... Healthy living and fitness update. Post workout picture. #diabeticinshape #2.0."

Click here to see the racy pic in full, plus more shirtless celebrity snaps!

2. 'Real Housewives of NJ' Couple Charged with Fraud

Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa Giudice, 41, and her husband Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice, 43, were charged Monday, July 29 with an alleged conspiracy to defraud lenders and illegally obtaining mortgages, federal authorities said today. In addition, they are being accused of hiding assets and income during a bankruptcy case.

The 39-count indictment includes charges of conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications and bankruptcy fraud.

"The indictment returned today alleges the Giudices lied to the bankruptcy court, to the IRS and to a number of banks," New Jersey's U.S. Attorney, Paul Fishman, said in a statement. "Everyone has an obligation to tell the truth when dealing with the courts, paying their taxes and applying for loans or mortgages. That's reality."

"The privilege of living well in the United States carries certain real responsibilities, including filing tax returns when required and paying the correct amount of tax," added Shantelle P. Kitchen, Special Agent in Charge of the IRS' criminal division in Newark.

Authorities allege that during 2004 through 2008, Giuseppe received income totaling almost $1 million, but did not file tax returns for those years.

"Today is a most difficult day for our family. I support Joe and, as a wonderful husband and father, I know he wants only the best for our lovely daughters and me," Teresa said in a statement. "I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career. As a result, I am hopeful that we will resolve this matter with the Government as quickly as possible."

"Teresa will plead 'not guilty,'" her attorney Henry Klingeman said in a statement. "The judicial process that begins today with an indictment is a search for the truth. As it moves forward, we look forward to vindicating her."

The conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud count carries a maximum potential penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The bank fraud and loan application fraud counts each carry a maximum potential penalty of 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine.

The couple is scheduled to make their first court appearance at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, July 30, before U.S. Magistrate Judge Cathy L. Waldor in Newark federal court.

3. Cowell Expecting Child With Married Woman: REPORT

A report this Wednesday morning, July 31, is claiming that Simon Cowell is expecting a child with his friend's wife.

Us Weekly reports that "multiple sources" have confirmed to them that The X Factor judge and New York socialite Lauren Silverman are having a baby, despite the fact that Silverman is married to Cowell's pal Andrew Silverman. "Lauren and Andrew have been unhappy in their marriage for some time, and their divorce has been in the works for a while," one source tells the magazine. "As their marriage deteriorated, she and Simon became close."

Lauren is reportedly 10 weeks along, but Cowell's reps have yet to comment.

Us also points out that the 53-year-old TV judge has been adamant about not wanting children. "I do really, really like kids, because I can talk to them and listen to them," he told AOL Music this past year. "The problem has always been how much time you need to devote to bringing up kids. I've always dedicated all my life to work, and at 52, I've probably missed the opportunity."

4. Why Cote de Pablo Left 'NCIS'

NCIS fans were absolutely gutted by the announcement Cote de Pablo's would be leaving the hit show after eight years – earlier this week, CBS boss Les Moonves revealed they did not make her decision to depart easy!

"We offered Cote de Pablo a lot of money -- and then we offered her even more money," Moonves said from the stage at CBS' Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

"We really didn't want to lose her, we love her. We think she's terrific. We obviously were in discussions… and ultimately she decided she didn't want to do the show. It was her decision. We don't like losing anybody. We did everything humanly possible [and] exhausted every possibility."

In July after announcing her departure, Cote de Pablo told ET, "I've had 8 great years with NCIS and Ziva David. I have huge respect and affection for Mark, Gary, Michael, David, Rocky, Pauley, Brian, Sean, all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva's story."

NCIS season 11 premieres September 24 on CBS.

5. Lea Michele Breaks Silence on Cory Monteith, Shares Heartbreaking Photo

Lea Michele has broken her silence on the death of her longtime boyfriend and Glee co-star Cory Monteith.

"Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support. Cory will forever be in my heart," she tweeted on Monday, July 29.

She also posted a picture of the two in happier times, cuddling on the beach.

Michele, her fellow Glee co-stars and show co-creator Ryan Murphy held a private memorial for Monteith Thursday, "to share memories and music in an emotional celebration" of the late star's life.

Monteith died from a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol, on July 13.



More On: Cory Monteith, Glee, Lea Michele, Nick Jonas

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Share to Twitter
Share to Stumble

You might like...