An man whom police say Jennifer Lopez had a restraining order against was arrested earlier this month after he was discovered allegedly living on the property of the singer's Hampton, NY home for about a week.
Workers at the home reported to police on August 8 that they saw the suspect, 49-year-old John M. Dubis of Rhode Island, on the property. A report by the Southhampton Town Police Department claims that the man was living in the residence's pool house for six days.
Lopez and other family members were not present during the time of the incident.
Dubis was arrested and jailed on charges of two felonies -- 2nd degree burglary and criminal contempt -- as well as a Class B misdemeanor for stalking and a class A misdemeanor for possessing "burglar tools," according to a police statement.
The suspect was brought before a judge on August 9 where he pleaded not guilty and was being held at the Suffolk County Jail on $100,000 bail. The police statement said the court had ordered an investigation to determine whether Dubis "is fit to proceed in reference to the criminal charges" and said he would appear at a later time in court.
A criminal complaint concerning the Class B misdemeanor for stalking alleges that Dubis purported to be a member of the Lopez family, using the false name David Lopez. "The defendant, in an effort to further this charade, gained access to the main residence where he carried on in doing basic household chores to further this," the complaint said.
In addition, the complaint stated that the suspect "also engaged in lewd acts while at the Lopez residence" and referred to Lopez "as his sister and wife..."