Following his standup about dating in a texting world, Parks and Recreation
star Aziz Ansari has received a $3.5 million deal to pen a book about relationships! The book, according to The Hollywood Reporter
, will be published in September 2015, and "will provide an investigation into what Ansari argues is an entirely new era for singles, in which the basic issues facing a single person -- whom we meet, how we meet them, and what happens next -- have been radically altered by new technologies."
Given the funnyman's million-dollar news, here's 10 pick-up lines taken straight from his Parks and Recreation character Tom Haverford:
1. "Jessica Wicks! Hey, boo. Are you aging in reverse? 'Cause you look barely legal." (Season 2: Episode 21)
2. "Joan, listen to me. This harvest festival, it's gonna knock your socks off and when it does, I'm gonna be there to give you a foot massage. To completion." (Season 3: Episode 7)
3. "Boo-boo bear. It's one of several nicknames I've made up for you. And you can choose which one you like best, 'cause I want this to be a give and take. ...We have cookie tush, Winnie the Boo, lady presh-presh, Annberry sauce, Annie get your boo, Tommy's girl, Annie bananie…" (Season 4: Episode 15)
4. "Excuse me! Are there any strippers here? Former strippers? Non-dancers but you're feeling a little bit drunk?" (Season 3: Episode 9)
5. "Joan, let's make a pact, OK? If we're both still single in an hour, let's get married." (Season 3: Episode 5)
6. "Girl, you're more precious than Precious." (Season 2, Episode 20)
7. [Tom is playing with a stethoscope, using it on Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler)] "Oh my god. Your boobs are dead!" (Season 1, Episode 6)
8. "Yes I am a hunter, and it's you season." (Season 2, Episode 20)
9. "Hi, I'm Tom, I have a raccoon on my head." (Season 2, Episode 20)
10. "No, I don’t text her, 'It was nice meeting you.' I wait eight weeks and I text her, ‘What's crackin?'" (Season 2: Episode 13)
What do you think about Aziz's new book deal? Are you buying it?