Michael Douglas Breaks Silence on Separation

September 03, 2013

Michael Douglas has commented publicly for the first time on his recent separation from Catherine Zeta-Jones and told reporters that his marriage is not in "crisis."

While promoting his Liberace biopic Behind the Candelabra at its Berlin, Germany premiere on Monday, the 68-year-old actor downplayed the severity his marital issues when asked about it.

PICS: The 10 Most Shocking Breakups in Hollywood 

"I have a crisis at home? No I think the press has a crisis," Douglas said. "We, we are fine. My wife and I are fine. We take a temporarily separation -- but the press, it gives you stuff to write about."

Reps for both actors confirmed to ET last week that after 13 years of marriage, the couple had decided to separate to "take some time apart to evaluate and work on their marriage."

RELATED: Damon & Douglas Talk Liberace's Legacy



More On: Michael Douglas

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Share to Twitter
Share to Stumble