5 Things About Liam's New Gal Pal Eiza Gonzalez
September 20, 2013
This Mexican actress is already famous in her home country, but was unknown to most Americans until photos emerged this week of her kissing Liam Hemsworth shortly after the Hunger Games actor confirmed that his engagement to Miley Cyrus was off. Here are five fun facts about Eiza Gonzalez.
1. Born January 30, 1990 in Caborca, Sonora, México -- her mother Reyna is a former model and hosted Mexico's version of Next Top Model.
2. Attended the same performing arts school -- Centro de Educación Artística (CEA) in Mexico City -- as Univision star and former Dancing with the Stars contestant William Levy.
3. Shot to fame in Mexico by appearing on the popular crime drama Mujeres Asesinas (Killer Women). Modern Family star Sofia Vergara is executive producing an English language version of the show that will soon debut in the United States.
4. Also has a music career and released her debut album, Contracorriente, in November 2009, followed by a second album, Te Acordarás de Mí, in June 2012.
5. According to NBC Latino, has at least five tattoos, including a cross on her right wrist, a mysterious tree symbol on her right foot, a pattern of stars on her neck and a combination of initials and a small flower on her left foot.
More On: Liam Hemsworth