Buzzmakers:'50 Shades' Finds its Man & Kelly Weds!
By ETONLINE STAFF
October 26, 2013
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
Well, that was quick! A little more than a week after Charlie Hunnam dropped out of playing the kinky billionaire Christian Grey, the erotic book-turned-movie, Fifty Shades of Grey, has cast a new leading man!
ETonline can confirm that Irish actor Jamie Dornan (Once Upon a Time, Marie Antoinette) will replace the Sons of Anarchy star in the role of Christian Grey, opposite Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele, in the upcoming film adaptation of E.L. James' sexy bestseller.
At this time, Universal and Focus Features have declined to comment on the casting news (first reported by Variety and The Hollywood Reporter).
On October 12, a statement was released by the studios producing the movie explaining that Hunnam's busy TV schedule made it impossible for him to sufficiently prepare for the role of Christian Grey.
"The filmmakers of Fifty Shades of Grey and Charlie Hunnam have agreed to find another male lead given Hunnam's immersive TV schedule which is not allowing him time to adequately prepare for the role of Christian Grey," said the statement released by Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Hunnam's replacement Dornan is also perhaps best known for his sexy TV role. The 31-year-old actor plays the handsome Huntsman in the hit ABC fantasy show Once Upon A Time.
It's official: Kelly Clarkson is now Kelly Blackstock, and she posted a video and photos to prove it!
After much speculation, Clarkson shared the above photo on Twitter, posting on Monday, Oct. 21: "I'm officially Mrs. Blackstock :) We got married yesterday at Blackberry Farms in TN, the most beautiful place ever!"
The 31-year-old American Idol alum wore a Jessamine Gown from Temperley Bridal, which retails for $7,015 and can be purchased at Temperley London. Still soaring from her wedding day, Clarkson also shared a video on Tuesday, Oct. 22, writing:
"Here is a little video of our special day! Thanks to everyone for all of your well wishes!!!" (WATCH here).
In addition to the video and wedding announcement, she also posted a series of other tweets and twitpics.
Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock were engaged late last year after knowing one another for quite some time. "We met years ago when I was working with Rascal Flatts, and he used to tour manage with him," Clarkson shared. "I didn't really know he was [my manager's] son and it was kind of weird. I was like 'dude, I gotta know that guy.' We were just in a room together, and then he came up and said he was from the same hometown as me and I was like, 'oh we're so getting married,' I was so that girl. When he became single, I was on the prowl."
This is the first marriage for Clarkson. Blackstock, 36, has two kids, Savannah, 12, and Seth, 6, from a previous relationship.
Despite her famously wealthy father, the late television mogul Aaron Spelling, it looks like Tori Spelling, 40, and her husband Dean McDermott, 46, aren't as loaded in cash as some would assume. According to the actress/reality star herself, the couple can't even afford a vasectomy.
Dean decided against getting the vasectomy he wanted [which ranges from $350 to $1,000, according to Planned Parenthood] after their business manager said the couple couldn't afford it, Tori tells People in a new interview.
"We're in the entertainment business, and things change year to year," explains Tori about their financial situation. "We don't have a series on the air right now, so we have to be more restrictive of what we can spend, just like anyone who doesn't currently have a steady job."
The couple's finances began to decline in 2011, when they sold their Encino home at a loss and Tori's antique/vintage boutique InvenTORI failed to take off. Their reality show, Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood was canceled a year ago.
Though of course, that doesn't mean they don't have other income -- Tori has a new memoir out, Spelling It Like It Is, clothing and jewelry lines and a new series called Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever on HGTV, People reports.
But despite her multiple business ventures, in her new memoir, she says that her affluent upbringing has caused her to have "money problems."
"It's no mystery why I have money problems. I grew up rich beyond anyone's dreams. Even when I try to embrace a simpler lifestyle, I can't seem to let go of my expensive tastes," reads an excerpt from her new book via People. "And then there's my little shopping problem ... I can't afford to live like this anymore. Our circumstances have changed. They say admitting the problem is the first step."
Tori now says that she's come very far from the materialistic girl she once was.
"I haven't bought a purse in three years, and it's fine," she reveals. "I look back at that girl who shopped at Gucci in my 20s, and I can't even relate. I can't believe I thought it was important."
People's issue featuring Tori Spelling's new interview hits newsstands on Friday.
Miley Cyrus presented Marc Jacobs and his business partner Robert Duffy with the Superstar Award at Fashion Group International's 30th Annual Night of Stars on Tuesday, Oct. 22, leaving many to wonder what kind of surprises they could expect from the Wrecking Ball singer. A slew of celebs showed up for the glamorous event, and ET got a few of their reactions to Miley's new, sexier persona.
"You never know what to expect from her," Jacobs said with a smile. While the 50-year-old fashion designer has had limited interactions with the 20-year-old pop star, he admitted to being a fan of her courage, adding, "I wish the world was full of more people who just did what they felt like."
Aretha Franklin, a longtime friend and client of Marc Jacobs, playfully weighed in on the former Disney star's controversial performances. "I might even twerk myself tonight," the Queen of Soul, 71, joked.
The night wound up being fairly tame, going off without a hitch, as stars including Kate Upton, Sofia Coppola and more gathered to honor the Jacobs and Duffy. The designers became the first duo to be lauded with the Superstar Award. Former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris, Carine Roitfeld, was also honored on the night.
It seems director Tim Burton and actor Michael Keaton maybe saying "Beetlejuice" for a second time.
Both The Hollywood Reporter and Variety claim the men are in talks to return for the sequel of the 1988 comedy, of which Burton directed and Keaton starred as the "ghost with the most," Beetlejuice.
Another hint that the two will reunite is Beetlejuice 2 writer Seth Grahame Smith's tweet from Oct. 16 that reads:
While Keaton has reportedly been interested in the project since Warner Bros. first announced the movie, Variety points out that Burton is not big on sequels. In fact, he hasn't done one since 1992's Batman Returns.
The first movie, also starring Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis and Winona Ryder, was about a couple of recently deceased ghosts who contract the services of a "bio-exorcist" in order to remove the obnoxious new owners of their house.
More On: Kelly Clarkson