5 Things You Didn't Know About Rosie Perez
By JACKIE WILLIS
May 21, 2014
You recognize her from the 1992 movie White Men Can't Jump, but how much do you really know about actress Rosie Perez?
Here are five facts you probably didn't know about the Brooklyn native.
1. Rosie's childhood wasn't easy. She was raised by her aunt until the age of three, and then became a ward of the State of New York until age 12.
2. She's one physical performer! In 2009, Rosie injured her neck on set of Law & Order SVU and had surgery for a herniated disc. Upon meeting President Barack Obama a year later, the actress showed up to the White House in a wheelchair.
3. Rosie, 49, had a Las Vegas wedding! She revealed to The Insider in Sept. 2013 that she had married artist Eric Haze during her Vegas trip to see the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Alvarez fight.
4. The actress recently appeared on Steve Buscemi's web series Park Bench, where she really opened up about her new book How I Survived Sister Renata and My Crazy Mother, and Still Came Out Smiling (with Great Hair). WATCH.
5. Rosie was nominated for both an Oscar and a Golden Globe for her role in the 1993 film Fearless.
What's your favorite Rosie movie?