Jessica Simpson shares five lessons she's learned that's she's taking into her new marriage.
Simpson said "I do" to Eric Johnson in July and admits to Glamour magazine that at this time in her life she feels "truly comfortable" in her own skin. "Better exercise habits, food choices, and lifestyle changes have contributed to this, but ultimately, my confidence comes from my state of mind," she writes. "Every decision I've made has brought me here."
Here are five quotes from the marriage vows Simpson shared with the women's magazine:
1. Remember who you are--and honor her. "I’m certainly not perfect, but when I look in the mirror, I’m proud of the woman I see. I’m not only someone’s mother, wife, and daughter--I’m me."
2. Let him love all of you. "Eric has seen me at every size, and he loves me no matter what. ...Eric's unconditional love has been a reminder of the love I should give myself."
3. Invest in "me time." "I sometimes second-guess spending time working—I want to be with my kids as much as possible! Then I remember how satisfying work is for me, and because I am fulfilled, I can offer the best version of myself to my family."
4. Small indulgences can make a big difference. "I didn't want to deprive myself or give up the foods (and cocktails!) I love in order to feel beautiful on my wedding day. "
5. Honor your support system. "The loving support of my friends and family has been the magic behind how amazing I felt on my wedding day. I believe that because I've nurtured and cherished these relationships, my marriage and the relationship I have with myself are strengthened daily."
Simpson concludes, "These are the vows that I've made toward a loving marriage. Hopefully they bring you closer to yourself and your happily-ever-after."
Head over to Glamour to see Simpson’s complete write-up, and check out her fairy-tale wedding in the video, below:
Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
Johnny Depp Gets Big & Bad for 'Entertainment Weekly' Cover
Billy Bob Thornton on 'Crazy Time' With Angelina Jolie: I'm Not 'Fond of It'
Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
Princesses Drop F-Bombs to Support Feminism
ADORABLE: Here's How Prince George Feels About the New Royal Baby News
You might also like
From Zero to 19: A Duggar Family Timeline
Blake Lively's Best Pregnancy Looks
Did Jessica Simpson Really Do This Before Her First Marriage?
You Will Never Be Able To Recognize This Famous Actor After His Extreme Weight Loss Newser
Is Kim Kardashian Seriously Fighting With Her Mother, Kris Jenner? Celeb Dirty Laundry
WHAT: David Arquette, Fiancee in Epic Street Fight Newser
Seriously, What Did Renee Zellweger Do To Her Face? Fishwrapper
Leonardo DiCaprio Makes an Interesting New Career Move Newser
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Married!
Hidden Bra Camera Shows Woman How Often Her Boobs Are Checked Out
Ranking All the Looks From The Limited's 'Scandal' Collection From Best to Worst
Alan Cumming Recalls 'Wasted' Shia LaBeouf's 'Cabaret' Arrest
Shaken Teresa Giudice Reacts to Jail Sentence: 'I Was Shocked'
Iggy Azalea Calls Snoop Dogg Two-Faced After Nasty Instagram