Jessica Simpson shares five lessons she's learned that's she's taking into her new marriage.
Simpson said "I do" to Eric Johnson in July and admits to Glamour magazine that at this time in her life she feels "truly comfortable" in her own skin. "Better exercise habits, food choices, and lifestyle changes have contributed to this, but ultimately, my confidence comes from my state of mind," she writes. "Every decision I've made has brought me here."
Here are five quotes from the marriage vows Simpson shared with the women's magazine:
1. Remember who you are--and honor her. "I’m certainly not perfect, but when I look in the mirror, I’m proud of the woman I see. I’m not only someone’s mother, wife, and daughter--I’m me."
2. Let him love all of you. "Eric has seen me at every size, and he loves me no matter what. ...Eric's unconditional love has been a reminder of the love I should give myself."
3. Invest in "me time." "I sometimes second-guess spending time working—I want to be with my kids as much as possible! Then I remember how satisfying work is for me, and because I am fulfilled, I can offer the best version of myself to my family."
4. Small indulgences can make a big difference. "I didn't want to deprive myself or give up the foods (and cocktails!) I love in order to feel beautiful on my wedding day. "
5. Honor your support system. "The loving support of my friends and family has been the magic behind how amazing I felt on my wedding day. I believe that because I've nurtured and cherished these relationships, my marriage and the relationship I have with myself are strengthened daily."
Simpson concludes, "These are the vows that I've made toward a loving marriage. Hopefully they bring you closer to yourself and your happily-ever-after."
Head over to Glamour to see Simpson’s complete write-up, and check out her fairy-tale wedding in the video, below:
How Long Will Robert Downey Jr. Play Iron Man?
Chelsea Handler Makes a Statement with Topless Photo (NSFW)
Stars and Their Adorable Pets
Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo’s Family, Grandmother Says
Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
WHAT: Did Mama June Really Have a Relationship With Two Separate Sex Offenders?
You might also like
Red Carpet: Hit or Miss?
Best Star Costumes: You'll Never Guess Who This Is!
You Have To See What Suri Cruise Looks Like Now
Did Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Just Get In a Huge Fight In Public? Fox News
You Won't Believe Who Monica Lewinsky is Cozying Up to Now! Fishwrapper
Renee Zellweger Shows Off Her New Look Once Again Fox News
Are These More Clues Jessica Biel Is Pregnant? PopSugar
WOW: Jennifer Garner Has Really Changed Her Look PopSugar
REPORT: '7th Heaven' Actor Stephen Collins Under Investigation for Alleged Sexual Contact with Child
19 Words Your Kids Use and You Don't Understand, Explained...Finally!
No Thigh Gap Here! New Beyonce Bikini Pics Look Untouched
Amy Poehler Lets Fans Ask Her Anything Then Gives Them the Most Adorable Answers