As the whirlwind around George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin’s elaborate (and very expensive) Venetian wedding dies down, new details about the ceremony and their romance make it all the more romantic.
Sure we know all about the dress, the civil ceremony, the multiple events but the special edition of People has hit stands and offers these 12 intimate moments from the celebration in addition to the gorgeous photos.
So, what did we learn? Here we go:
PICS: Everything Amal Wore Over Her Wedding Weekend
1. George Clooney on being a husband: "It feels pretty damn great."
2. Amal quit smoking for George cold turkey. She's also always on time now.
3. Amal's mother Baria Alamuddin offered George a warm welcome to the family. "George, we love you truly, deeply and sincerely," she said in her speech. "We enjoy your charm, your wit, intelligent conversation and generosity. You are simply perfect."
NEWS: Amal’s Gorgeous Oscar De La Renta Gown: All The Details
4. Clooney's 100 close friends applauded as he walked his mother Nina down the aisle at the beginning of the ceremony.
5. George's dad Nick Clooney described his son’s proposal as such: "George getting down on one basketball-battered knee and asking the savvy Amal to marry him."
6. Amal's close friend Jae Kim on what she first thought of George: "'Is she going to get hurt? He isn't exactly Mr. Commitment,' I thought. But you could see in the way he held himself, treated her and others and enjoyed life that his heart was big and he loved her with all of it.”
PICS: George & Amal’s Wedding: The Complete Star-Studded Guest List
7. The ring-bearers were Amal's 6-year-old twin nephews.
8. "I had never seen her smile like that,” Amal’s friend Jae gushed. “She has had that smile now for almost a straight year."
9. George's friend John Lambros has this lofty prediction for George & Amal: "Perhaps the first husband-and-wife team to win the [Nobel] Prize for peace?”
WATCH: George Clooney Publicly Declares His Love in Speech
10. She walked down the aisle to the classic "Here Comes the Bride" and their first dance was to Cole Porter’s "Why Shouldn’t I?".
11. George's dad's list for his son's wedding: "The lovely, most intriguing city on the planet. CHECK! A glittering assembly of accomplished people. CHECK! A beautiful bride. CHECK! A nervous groom. CHECK!"
12. What George is most excited about as a married couple: "We're looking forward to everything.”
Now if that all doesn’t melt your heart, we don’t know what will!
WATCH: Inside the Fitting of Amal’s Gorgeous Gown